Monday, August 3, 2009

MDC QSO Party this Weekend


Hello All,

This upcoming weekend is the MDC QSO contest and will run from Saturday (8 August) Noon until Midnight [EDT] to Sunday (9 August) Noon until 8:00pm. I plan to be on the air a portion of the weekend with a goal of making the 50 QSO point mark to be eligible for a participant certificate.

In preparation for this great event I ordered a new 33' Fiberglass Mast and 40M DX-OCF Windom antenna which has an operating range of 40M-6M. I've also have an old discone antenna in the garage, which should be resonate on 2Ms to try to work some local DX. Look for me on 10M (if open) and 20M during the day and 40M at night. I'm going to attempt to work the entire contest QRP with my FT-817, so we'll see what we come up with.

For more information on the MDC QSO party, please see the following link http://www.w3cwc.org/funcontest.htm.

73s
--Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment