Tuesday, August 25, 2009

OMISS Net


Greetings,

This evening I checked into the OMISS 40M Net using my FT-817 and 40M OCF Dipole at 5W. Using this combination I successful worked KD8HZC in Michigan, W4CSL in Georgia, and ND8F in Georgia. The OMISS requires 2 successful QSOs with current OMISS members to qualify for membership. I worked 3 out of 3 OMISS members this evening (plus net control), so I can now apply for my membership and receive my #. The main objectives of the net are to promote good will, to pass emergency, formal and informal traffic, and for members to work each other for awards (from the OMISS website). As I'm working towards my Worked All States award, this is a great opportunity and means to achieve this goal.

More information can be found at http://www.omiss.net/.

73s
--Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment